Origin of your Avatar

Lakumi

Mine is gyaru make-up.  The rave in Asia pop culture these days where they make themselves up in the style of an anime character - as an everyday make-up routine... Here's the full photo.  It's a before and after gyaru photo.  Yes, that's the same woman in both shots...

screenshot-2012-03-27-at-13.47.21.jpg

My name comes from my college band. Last Christmas my wife and I decided to record a folk album for family and friends. I grew a 'stache for the cover photo and we called the album "The Folk Prophet" In tribute to my college band.

the+folk+prophet.jpg

Here's the CD Disc face:

FP+CDDiscFaceTemplate+small.jpg

Mine is my 'professional' self taken picture that I use for my website, twitter and LinkedIn accounts to maintain a professional image for potential clients.

If an Attorney at Law saw a picture of me playing a gig or wearing a band shirt well... I would probably get skimmed over pretty quickly.

If an Attorney at Law saw a picture of me playing a gig or wearing a band shirt well... I would probably get skimmed over pretty quickly.

Trust me, we see much worse . . .

Mine is a shot of the ocean liner Queen Mary, completed in 1936 and now permanently berthed in Long Beach, CA (I'm a sucker for things nautical).  My prior avatar (which I'll probably resurrect one of these days) was a photo of a brand-new yacht crashing into the harbor in Dubai after one of the slings from the launching crane broke. 

What is it, where's it from, what's the full picture look like?

It's from the Battletech boardgame universe, a tactical roleplaying game in which the story takes place a couple hundred years in the future where the battle ground is dominated by bipedal an dquadrupedal armored vehicles called battlemechs

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/thumb/f/f0/82366-timberwolf-omnimech-hd-render.jpg/800px-82366-timberwolf-omnimech-hd-render.jpg

In this case its from one the first one of the clans to return to the inner sphere to restore order after a couple hundred years of warfare had almost knocked civilization back to the stone age.

This is the totem mech from Clan Wolf, weighing in at 75 tons.

Ancient technology fascinates me.  This is a working model of an ancient compass sundial combination.  With this simple technology one can find their way home from anywhere on the planet.  That is if they know where home is.  Symbolism is important to me - thus the symbol of a stranger in a strange place seeking their way home.