For NeverTrumpers: An appeal to not vote Hillary over Trump

anatess2

2 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I'm going to "kinda" disagree.   I'm extremely sarcastic.  I think I'm much funnier than I really am.  I'm also very dry and tend to post short, precise sentences.   Those can easily be interpreted as being a smart mouth jerk, but I might actually be a smart mouth nice guy, and you'd be able to see that if you could read my facial expression and body language.

Understand. I also agree that body language plays a part. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 12:34 PM, Grunt said:

People typically are betting in person.  Conversations are better with real time feedback and body language, and people are generally just more polite in person.

I'll make everyone here feel young. I was passing through SLC back when this was LDSTalk and Hijolly met me and gave me a tour of the Conference Center. I don't think I'm too bad online, but hopefully I was better in person. 😉 

And while we're at it, I have to say @prisonchaplain, that I thoroughly enjoyed (and learned from, and was lifted by) your Sunday School videos - especially during COVID lock-downs.  I haven't watched as much lately - between Klaw and @Jamie123's BofM reading thread, I just don't have the time, but I'm hoping next year I'll be able to watch some more.

On 12/20/2023 at 12:39 PM, zil2 said:

:D  Thank you, PC!  (And yes, I'm twice the forum user @zil ever was. :P )

The only other Zil I know is the Russian luxury car. Given your experiences in Russia last century, I'm wondering if there is a connection?

48 minutes ago, zil2 said:

See here:

Hello Liz :) I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the posts! 

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIL-41047

The Zil has seven seats including the driver. When loaded it weighs 3,550 kg (7,826 lb). The top speed with two persons is listed as "not less than 190 km/h (118 mph)". It is powered by a 7.7 L (469 cubic inch) carbureted V8 giving 232 kW (315 hp SAE Gross) at 4,400 revs per minute. 

I see some similarities in terms of power and speed. I'm not going to say anything about weight. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, zil2 said:

I miss Anatess, LiterateParakeet, @Sunday21 and too many others.  New folks seem to come, make a post or two, and disappear.  Long-time folk drop off never to return. :( The close-knit nature of our small-group discussions likely scares off newbies.  We should all make an effort to love-bomb anyone brave enough to post. :)

I'm going to church with Antatess tomorrow.  I'll tell her you said hello.

On 12/30/2023 at 10:18 AM, zil2 said:

Wonderful!  Please do!  I hope all is well with her, her family, and her pens! ;)  I miss seeing her on here.

She’s doing great!   After meeting her, it’s disappointing that she isn’t allowed here anymore.  

She brought her family and they were awesome to visit with.