Come Participate in Helping Grow the Non-Profit Humane Kinect

clbent04

TL;DR: ***Come participate in helping grow the non-profit Humane Kinect***

Can people really change for the best?

While I was undecided on the matter during the more difficult times my life, I've been grateful to learn change is possible for anyone especially if a slow learner like me can do it.

I'm reaching out to my ThirdHour friends and acquaintances with this post to ask for help with contributing to a cause that promotes self-acceptance, self-love, and proving to the world anyone can change for the best.

For the last year I’ve been working on forming the non-profit Humane Kinect, an online community with a forum centered on sharing challenges and life lessons. The community focuses on being compassionate and prohibits judgment.

Forum categories evolve to the public’s needs and span across a broad array of real-life issues. Examples include relationships, depression, addiction, physical health, childhood trauma, finances and parenting.

While the forum is up and running, it’s not yet open to the public, and we’ve only been inviting people into the community we personally know.

I’ve been reaching out to friends and family to find more contributors. The forum needs more content centered on character development to give it the identity we’re trying to create.

Do you have a personal account you’d be willing to share of a life challenge you overcame and how it helped you become a better person?

If so, DM me with your email and I will send you an invite to the forum. You can also email me at [email protected].

Due to the personal content shared within the forum, Humane Kinect is a moderated, invite-only community, and user accounts can be created with anonymous usernames.

Be one of the early contributors to help build something we’re hoping will prove useful and positive for the world.

While I’ve gone through my own struggles and made my fair share of mistakes in this life, what I’m most proud of is learning from some of those experiences and becoming a better version of myself.

Be a part of creating a community that commends instead of shames people for admitting to being less than perfect. We all are imperfect and most of us are good people trying our best.

Speaking from personal experience, in 2018 I went through the lowest time of my life as I was struggling with suicidal ideation, and forming meaningful connections and feeling accepted for who I am helped me break through my debilitating mindset.

I know I'm not the only one out there who has struggled this way. More of us should be able to bond with one another based on the single commonality of being imperfect human beings trying our best.

In a world where openly admitting to setbacks and failures is often ridiculed, we aim to provide a better way to do community.

Please reach out if the mission of the non-profit resonates with you. We have an incredible team made up of some of the most genuinely good-hearted people I know, and we need your help to grow this into something real.

Humane Kinect is a non-religious, independent non-profit dedicated to promoting meaningful connection through its peer-support services such as its online forum and future rollout of its videoconferencing peer-support groups.

www.humanekinect.org

gofundme adding an e.png

Edited by clbent04

Tagging some people I've interacted with over the years for more visibility on this post since this is posted in the somewhat obscure Share category. Thank you

@pam@NeuroTypical @Vort @Carborendum @LDSGator @The Folk Prophet @person0 @zil2 @JohnsonJones @mordorbund @SilentOne @mirkwood @Fether @CV75 @Just_A_Guy @Anddenex @prisonchaplain @mikbone @Sunday21 @Midwest LDS @my two cents