Is this forum dying?

I know it's not as lively as it's been in the past, but since New Year it's slowed almost to a stop. It's almost the end of Tuesday, and the last time anyone posted was Saturday. Has the party moved somewhere else?

1 hour ago, Jamie123 said:

I know it's not as lively as it's been in the past, but since New Year it's slowed almost to a stop. It's almost the end of Tuesday, and the last time anyone posted was Saturday. Has the party moved somewhere else?

Seems to me it's been dying for a long time. If everyone here could con all their introvert friends into joining, and we were to welcome them rather than scaring them off at the first sign of differing opinion, we might could grow it back.

It would help if the mobile template supported all the features (e. g. there's no way to see site notifications in the browser on a mobile - no access to that bell at the top right, and no user menu - I know the software supports it as one of my fountain pen forums uses this same software).

I've noticed a slow and steady decline across my favorite 3 LDS-themed message boards (and half-dozen Facebook groups) starting before COVID.   One of them is now pretty much totally dead.  Thirdhour has certainly slowed a bit, but is still kicking.  The trick is to look for all new messages here: 

https://thirdhour.org/forums/discover/

I have been meaning to get my Easter music/thought thread going, but haven't because... um... I guess I've been prioritizing other stuff over figuring out an organizing principle and finding/choosing quotes and songs.

30 minutes ago, EH12NG said:

Forums are soon to be archives. A lot of people just wake up and realise its an exercise in diminishing returns so they pack up and go do something with their lives, while others, continue to cultivate a sad ego driven persona, i presume, to counter balance an unhappy or unfulfilled life. 

Heh - well, you can't please everyone I guess.  At the risk of going full-blown passive-aggressive, would you say your post here is an example of a sad ego driven persona, or a counter balance to an unhappy/unfulfilled life?

From where I'm standing, it's not the heaviness of the subject that's an issue.  The only thing that gets threads locked is an abundance of folks abusing the site rules, usually #1-3.

LM (head toxic windbag)

2 hours ago, EH12NG said:

Forums are soon to be archives....

Nah.  If nothing else, fountain pen people will continue using forums until the rest of you crazy people come to your senses and join us so that we don't have to resort to forums and snail mail to communicate with each other. :D

On 3/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, mikbone said:

Have you tried holographic group rooms or AI surrogates, how about the OASIS?

I actually created an AI based on my past posts to carry on for me in this forum. Turns out he doesn’t post very often either.

—-generated by mordorbundchat 

• 2 weeks later...

Considering sharing a link to Third Hour on some of my other social media accounts to see if it juices engagement any. 

Might be an idea for everyone else to do the same.