What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Double-movie daddy date:

1.  Inside Out:  Incredibly cute, with an interesting psychological outlook (sometimes sadness is needed), and with plenty of humor adults will appreciate.  We all gave it 5 stars.

2.  Age of Adeline:  Interesting love story.  The idea is not unique, but the movie carries it out well.

Comment about both:  Every time I watch a movie I realize I'm no citizen of this world.  Story after story after story in which God has no part.  There's no malice from the producers, just no understanding. 

Inside Out.

This was such a cute movie. My husband and I started laughing at one part and we got the giggles to bad that we couldn't stop laughing every time we looked at each other even though the funny part was over. This little girl, about 6 years old turned around and GLARED at us. Made us laugh even harder.

laughs9-vi.gif

Double-movie daddy date:

1.  Inside Out:  Incredibly cute, with an interesting psychological outlook (sometimes sadness is needed), and with plenty of humor adults will appreciate.  We all gave it 5 stars.

2.  Age of Adeline:  Interesting love story.  The idea is not unique, but the movie carries it out well.

Comment about both:  Every time I watch a movie I realize I'm no citizen of this world.  Story after story after story in which God has no part.  There's no malice from the producers, just no understanding. 

Those italicized lines remind me of an exchange in one of my favorites:

"You've been too long away from Rome;

Go back,...Go to Capri, bathe, rest, lie by the sea..." ;) 

Edited by lonetree

Jurassic World. Enjoyed it and becoming more and more a Chris Pratt fan. I remember the first movie being a bit gory, whereas, this one was pretty mild in that department. Nice CGI.

Inside Out. A complex concept to grasp but I liked it and so did the family. I probably wouldn't watch it again but it was cute.

Jurassic World. Enjoyed it and becoming more and more a Chris Pratt fan. I remember the first movie being a bit gory, whereas, this one was pretty mild in that department. Nice CGI.

Inside Out. A complex concept to grasp but I liked it and so did the family. I probably wouldn't watch it again but it was cute.

The Captive.  Netflix pushed it up front, and after seeing it over and over again, I finally broke down and watched it (by myself).  Beautiful scenes of Niagra Falls, but a slow, B-movie, about an icky subject, with nothing really new to offer.  I highly recommend passing it over--I'll never get those 2-hours of my life back. 

Guest MormonGator

I liked Hellboy, didn't care for the sequel.

Love that comic. Didn't see the movie. I tend not to like others interpretations of my favorite comic heroes.

That makes me sound like an uber-geek, and I am guilty as charged. :)    

Tracers

Saw this last week. Taylor Lautner and Parkour is a good match. I ended up throwing my husband's football foamies (a set of 3 foam footballs that my husband throws at the TV when he's yelling at a football game) at the TV - they were running running running when it would have been smarter to divert and misdirect.

And once again I realize, my kid could be in Hollywood making movies...

I am so much in love with the newly renovated AMC theaters. Home theater plush leather reclining seats with in-theater customer service at the touch of a button... heaven.

I SUPER DUPER LOVED Jurassic World for ONE MAIN REASON... Claire running through forests and mud and the concrete jungle of the Jurassic theme park getting chased by murdering dinosaurs in her high heels. THAT is just purely fantasmic! I watched the movie again just to see her high heels.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic