The Compliment thread - Positive Feelings

JohnsonJones

2 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

You must have access to some internal forum data that the rest of us are not privy to in order to assert your claim "those views are". They might be, they could be... but, they might not, and may not be. Truth is, you don't know for certain, nor do I. It is 7:00am in the stack here, I just got out of bed, sort of. Below are the viewers I see logged on to the forum right now: 6 members, 51 guest/lurkers.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.aeedec77f89f08f7d1347fd75757cc11.jpg

I was merely pointing out that you can’t say there are ten times more lurkers than posters since many of the views are repeat viewing of the posters. 

I will also point out that many of the guests may also be regular posters who simply don’t bother to log in. 

11 hours ago, jerome1232 said:

I'm not sure how to take that. I sooooooo don't look like Alex Jones.

Is that actually you? Take it as simply I loved your previous blue cartoon guy and I was recently seeing a lot about how Alex Jones is being erased from the internet and your picture resembled the picture I have in my mind of the guy - however it's true, when compared side by side your new pic and his mug shot do not actually look all that similar.

jerome1232Image result for alex jones beard sunglasses infowars

6 hours ago, SpiritDragon said:

I'm extra sorry about the association I made now. No harm intended. (trying to pull foot out of mouth)

;) No sweat. I was intending on rocking myself to sleep in the fetal position tonight anyways!

Guest LiterateParakeet
27 minutes ago, Fether said:

Does anyone else find this massive list of “guests” quite eerie?

Someone told me a long time ago that some of them are search engine bots, if that helps, LOL. 

6 hours ago, Fether said:

The “Silence” from Doctor Who are coming to my mind right now

Curious things those.  They do not appear to have any way to breath or eat.  How do they do so?

@SpiritDragon and @jerome1232 great to see you joke around and be able to not take offense at each other.  I like it when people can feel free to say a joke and not have to worry about others being offended.

4 hours ago, Fether said:

Curious things what are?

You posted a picture (I didn't repost it) of some sort of monster.  My first reaction would be, how does this thing even eat much less breathe.  Why would such a thing evolve without an orifice to somehow get energy.  It has no proboscis like a mosquito, no amorphous form like an amoeba, no mouth to consume, how does it survive? 

22 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

You posted a picture (I didn't repost it) of some sort of monster.  My first reaction would be, how does this thing even eat much less breathe.  Why would such a thing evolve without an orifice to somehow get energy.  It has no proboscis like a mosquito, no amorphous form like an amoeba, no mouth to consume, how does it survive? 

Hmmm... I have no idea what you are talking about

14 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

If you care, you can read more on the origin of this monstrosity here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_(Doctor_Who)

As far as how it would have evolved or survives is likely overthinking something created for entertainment purposes only :)

@JohnsonJones Also, the nature of the Silence is that when you look away from them you forget every interaction you had with him. That is how they took over the world.

So above I was just playing with that bit, pretending to not know what you were talking about when you quoted me.

3 hours ago, Suzie said:

I didn't know @Anddenex and I had any differences in the past, I'm serious! Maybe things got a little tense in a thread? lol  It's all good, I will have to make some forum searches. haha Thanks for the comment.  I will be back shortly, my job is driving me crazy.

I was simply meaning we disagreed on some items, not that we had any major differences :)

On 9/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Shout out to the lesser-known, not-as-popular posters.  Double shout-out to all the hundreds/thousands of lurkers out there who may have never posted, but come here and read the heck out of topics that interest them.  I've been a vociferous prolific loudmouth online for going on a decade now, but before that, I spent about a decade lurking, reading, thinking, researching.  I grew tremendously by watching other people argue and discuss.  I think before I started posting regularly, I had compiled maybe 100+ pages of quotes and links and whatnot.

I love to see stuff like this.  I mean, look at the views vs. replies!
image.png.15bbe03afd1891df5ae6ce110e906ec8.png

Ten times the number of people are reading our discussions, than actually participate in them.  I love the lurkers!  You all remind me to try to stay humble.

Thank you for the compliment, NT.  Caught me by surprise.  JJ, well, he's an alright dude from the very beginning.  But Vort and Carbo....I dunno man.

Just a Guy..... is an extremely encouraging and well informed writer here!

He just left me in a state of awe when he confirmed that Latter Day Saints already know that

they will spearhead the construction of the Ezekiel Temple Complex!

In my opinion....... that is astounding!!!!!!

@Just_A_Guy You're one of the greatest posters on this forum (besides me of course so relax). Seriously, it is a pleasure to debate with you even when we don't think alike in a few topics. I respect and appreciate your knowledge and I learn a lot from your posts. Wow,  I sound like I am talking to my grandpa.

@MarginOfError You're my twin of a different mother. I miss ya and your posts. Witty, smart and funny. Okay, okay...don't let it go to your head.

@Wingnut Where are you?! I miss your posts and your ability to always remain calm during heated discussions. lol

@LiterateParakeet You're a very kind soul. Very caring human being who sees the best in people.

@MormonGator Very funny and always willing to understand others and never afraid to speak up.

@Anddenex I don't know if you changed throughout the years or perhaps I changed or perhaps both but we get along now lol. I appreciate your knowledge and even though we might not agree in a lot of topics, I always look forward reading your thoughts.

@SuzieYou're such a wonderful person, beautiful, intelligent, spiritual and most of all: HUMBLE. 😛

15 hours ago, Suzie said:

@Just_A_Guy You're one of the greatest posters on this forum (besides me of course so relax). Seriously, it is a pleasure to debate with you even when we don't think alike in a few topics. I respect and appreciate your knowledge and I learn a lot from your posts. Wow,  I sound like I am talking to my grandpa.

15 hours ago, Suzie said:

@Anddenex I don't know if you changed throughout the years or perhaps I changed or perhaps both but we get along now lol. I appreciate your knowledge and even though we might not agree in a lot of topics, I always look forward reading your thoughts.

@Just_A_Guy - Will you tone your posts down a bit and stop showing me up ( @Suzie is bolstering your ego) ...except for this part,  "I sound like I am talking to my grandpa."

JAGs new username - G_Just_A_Guy (GJAG) short for Grandpa JAG :P

Guest MormonGator
16 hours ago, Suzie said:

I look forward to reading his thoughts too. I'm amazed anyone can be that dense!  

(Just playing @Anddenex. You know I have great respect for you!)