Trump 2024?

prisonchaplain

Well, I don't like how both sides are trying to play the trials for political points.  It would have been FAR better if the trials against Trump were done and over before the end of 2023.  Both sides have tried to delay it because they feel it will offer them political points.

I'd rather the trials be done without consideration of the future election and just completed.  Have them OUT of the WAY before the actual primaries and such are underway.

Of course, that's not going to happen, and it kind of irritates me.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:08 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Perhaps no reasonable person NEEDS to be convinced, but we all love it when someone recognizes the rightness of our cause. Wait? You agree that I'm aggrieved???!!!  Thanks for the donuts!  Visual search query image

If you ever visit Utah in the future - you need to try a Dunford donut which is greathly superior to the donuts you pictured.

The Traveler

Sounds wonderful. I wouldn't dare say that Krispy Kreme is better--but I appreciate their 50% discount for first responders (including correctional workers). 🙌

BTW, I believe that @Traveler has discovered how we can achieve world peace. Every time someone mentions Trump, pro or con, just hand that person a donut. The quiet and sweetness that results will bring what we all seek. 😁

Edited by prisonchaplain

8 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Sounds wonderful. I wouldn't dare say that Krispy Kreme is better--but I appreciate their 50% discount for first responders (including correctional workers). 🙌

BTW, I believe that @Traveler has discovered how we can achieve world peace. Every time someone mentions Trump, pro or con, just hand that person a donut. The quiet and sweetness that results will bring what we all seek. 😁

I enjoy Krispy Kremes a little too much.  They are probably my favorite donut.

Dunkin Donuts are ones that I can find all over the world though.

The best donuts are the ones from local home town donut shops though.

14 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

enjoy Krispy Kremes a little too much.  They are probably my favorite donut.

Dunkin Donuts are ones that I can find all over the world though.

The best donuts are the ones from local home town donut shops though.

I have a strict “no donut” policy in my house or I’d eat 45 of them at one time! 

4 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

For me it’s Dunkin' chocolate glazed. 

Boston Kreme - serious yums.

ETA: Though I remember the days when they were just Boston Cream - I suppose there's no cream anymore, so they have to say Kreme... :rolleyes:

Edited by zil2

Just now, LDSGator said:

Even though I said it’s a “vice” or a weakness, I don’t think it is. Yes, in theory, everything has the potential to be abused. But no one ever bankrupted their family or beat their children after having an extra slice of chocolate cake. 

It's a joke.  Dorcas Lane is a character on the British show Lark Rise to Candleford.  She's all the time calling things her "one weakness" (meaning she has a zillion one weaknesses).  Boston Cream donuts are my one weakness. :D

On 9/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, prisonchaplain said:

That or everyone dies in a diabetic coma.

Yesterday, the Hungarian foreign minister had some things to say:

The Hungarian government will no longer accept any criticism from the current White House in view of the state of democracy in the United States, following the intention to exclude the most likely Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump from the election race, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Péter Szijjártó said.

At a press conference, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, in response to journalists’ questions on recent developments in US domestic politics, asked all members of the US administration to “put their lecturing statements on the state of Hungarian democracy in the drawer.” “From now on, we do not want to hear from the Americans about how democracy works here, how the institutions work, what about the rule of law,” he said.

If they can disqualify one of the biggest contenders from the U.S. Presidential election, from now on we will not accept any criticism from this country about the functioning of our political system,”

Szijjártó also pointed out that Trump’s disqualification would be very bad news, because he can be trusted when it comes to peace-building, as he was the only one in recent decades who had succeeded in pacifying the situation in the Middle East (Abraham Accords). “I think we have every right to be confident that if Donald Trump were President of the United States, we would very quickly have peace in our neighborhood.

We are also convinced that if Donald Trump had remained President of the United States, this war would not have broken out,”

he said. “It would be very bad news if the efforts in the United States to exclude the most likely presidential candidate were successful.”

1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

I’d like to ask him to elaborate on this one, even though it’s meaningless. Trump is not president, and the war did break out. 

I am of the opinion that there'd be no war in the Ukraine if Trump had won a 2nd term.

We all saw the war coming.  If the bombastic orange dealmaker had been there at the time, he would have made a deal with Putin to keep it from happening.  Eastward NATO expansion was becoming intolerable to Russia.  So Trump would have worked a deal where Putin didn't go to war, Russia would get some NATO expansion curtailing treaty or deal or something, and both of 'em would get some mutually beneficial deal regarding Russian oil exporting and Ukrainian grain.

And he would have been all loud and self righteous about it on Twitter every step of the way.  Shaming NATO member nations into paying more, crowing about how he owned Russia, shaming the Biden pay-for-access family mafia over their involvement with the corrupt Ukraine, basically taking really loud credit for every bit of good to come out of him leading the free world, while at the same time publicly humiliating his opponents and enemies.   And we would have all hated him for it.  And there would be no war in Ukraine right now.

25 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I am of the opinion that there'd be no war in the Ukraine if Trump had won a 2nd term.

We all saw the war coming.  If the bombastic orange dealmaker had been there at the time, he would have made a deal with Putin to keep it from happening.  Eastward NATO expansion was becoming intolerable to Russia.  So Trump would have worked a deal where Putin didn't go to war, Russia would get some NATO expansion curtailing treaty or deal or something, and both of 'em would get some mutually beneficial deal regarding Russian oil exporting and Ukrainian grain.

And he would have been all loud and self righteous about it on Twitter every step of the way.  Shaming NATO member nations into paying more, crowing about how he owned Russia, shaming the Biden pay-for-access family mafia over their involvement with the corrupt Ukraine, basically taking really loud credit for every bit of good to come out of him leading the free world, while at the same time publicly humiliating his opponents and enemies.   And we would have all hated him for it.  And there would be no war in Ukraine right now.

That might be true….and it might not. We don’t know what would have happened.