NeuroTypical

President Nelson vaccinated

On 3/31/2021 at 3:12 PM, DennisTate said:

Although I do comprehend President  Nelson's reasoning......

I am not sure you really do - President Nelson was the leading expert in heart surgery and a world renown physician.  

"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." (Mark 16:18)

From Luke 4:12 : "And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

The Traveler

9 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I am not sure you really do - President Nelson was the leading expert in heart surgery and a world renown physician.  

From Luke 4:12 : "And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

The Traveler

Yes.. I had read that about him......

but that could lead him to be somewhat more trusting of the motives plus the capabilities of the professionals who produced certain variations of the Covid 19 vaccines....( .than I would tend to be.).............  and there is a possibility that my suspicions that the professionals who produced these vaccines MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PRAYING DAILY  for wisdom and guidance by the Holy Spirit in their research???????????

An interesting update on this front:

The new Church Handbook updates strongly encourages vaccination and advises that un-vaccinated missionaries will most likely serve in their home countries.  https://www.deseret.com/faith/2021/3/31/22359997/vaccinations-protect-health-and-preserve-life-latter-day-saint-handbook-update-mormon-lds

While neither of these are really new updates (the Church has been pro-vaccine for decades), it is a very potent and timely reminder.  

3 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

The new Church Handbook updates strongly encourages vaccination and advises that un-vaccinated missionaries will most likely serve in their home countries.  https://www.deseret.com/faith/2021/3/31/22359997/vaccinations-protect-health-and-preserve-life-latter-day-saint-handbook-update-mormon-lds

While neither of these are really new updates (the Church has been pro-vaccine for decades), it is a very potent and timely reminder.  

This is a wise approach......

this is somewhat similar to how my wife and I think of this topic so far.  We want to delay our taking a vaccine until more information comes out about the side effects and.......  if and when we may need to travel.... may be the time when we make our final decision on whether or not to get vaccinated.... and which brand of vaccine to choose.  

On 4/2/2021 at 10:08 AM, Jane_Doe said:

It's my personal random thoughts that this is, at least in small part, a stand in what sometimes seems like a heck of a lot of vaccine confusion. Similar in tone with from when the church made a stand against energy healing, etc. I have witnessed a subset of church members who are very much into natural healing to the point it's a religion in itself. I've seen church members condemning those who do vaccinate, stating they're praying the church bans vaccines, etc. A small group, to be sure, but it's out there.

1 hour ago, Backroads said:

I've seen church members condemning those who do vaccinate, stating they're praying the church bans vaccines, etc. A small group, to be sure, but it's out there.

Not all of us non Covid vaccineites are in that crowd.

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Yes it did.

FTR, I am pro vaccine, just not flu vaccines.  I've never had one.

Because the flu vaccine is a crap shoot every year...  Given the amount of time it takes to create a vaccine the vaccine makers have to "guess" which strains of the flu are most likely to be making the rounds in the up coming flu season...  And often they are wrong.  So you take a vaccine which is designed to trigger your bodies reaction (aka make you safely sick for a bit) and it does nothing against the flu that is going round because they got the wrong strain..

Vaccines can be wonderful and powerful tools but they are not a magic bullet.

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

FTR, I am pro vaccine, just not flu vaccines.  I've never had one.

Then why is this the most-read news article on your browser history?

IMG_5093[1].JPG

12 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Heywaitaminute...mormongator is that you posting under an alias?!?!?!?

We discuss you regularly in Facebook messenger.   Actually, he drove across several states last year to meet me here in Colorado, so we could discuss you face to face.  :)

On 4/2/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jane_Doe said:

I remember lining up on my first day in the MTC and receiving 3 or 4 vaccine shots in a row. My shoulder was sore for a week so I don't think that's a new policy. While I regularly receive the flu vaccine, I have no problem with anyone (including myself) opting out of the current COVID-19 gene therapies that create spike proteins. As an investor I have watched companies work for years on true vaccines that took 7-10 years to develop. I would never take an adjuvant developed in an emergency setting right out of the gate. Perhaps too many people have forgotten the Dengvaxia tragedy in the Philippines. Experts had declared Dengvaxia safe, but the experts were wrong. The very fact that new side effects (i.e. blood clotting) have been discovered that were not anticipated from the computer modeling is an indication of the wisdom of taking time in these matters IMHO.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/moderna-pfizer-vaccines-blood-clots-inflammation-brain-heart/

Edited by clwnuke