Sharing is Caring Tag!!!!

TheCraCraMormon

Share your favorite quote/scripture/hymn by commenting on this topic. (Please make sure it somehow relates back to the gospel)

Then in your post tag at least 3 people youd like to see do this too.

Ill start by tagging @pam @Carborendum @BeccaKirstyn @Sunday21 @MormonGator

*Please try to tag people who are active, but might get forgotten about!

^I really liked RooTheMormons servce tag so I started this :)

Alma 48:17

Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

@beefche@Just_A_Guy@NeuroTypical

Favorite scripture?  Paul's discourse on charity.  1 Corinthians 13.  If you suffer from a lack of humility (which of course I never ever do), it's good for what ails you.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

To me the most important church message and a total revelation to me is:

No success can compensate for failure in the home.

This is a completely different way of viewing life. Completely foreign to the way that I was raised. A totally different view of the relationship with God. 

As an investigator when I heard this said, I thought that resonates. This is a different view of life.

@a mustard seed @mirkwood @Bini @Midwest LDS

Edited by Sunday21

I'm going to share two passages.  Hope that's not against the rules.  ;)

And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.  (2 Ne. 25:26)

I love this passage because it indicates purpose.  Receiving a remission of our sins is a powerful motivator, knowing that it comes through Christ is key.

Therefore, let him contend earnestly for the redemption of the First Presidency of my Church  [any righteous and worthy cause], saith the Lord; and when he falls he shall rise again, for his sacrifice shall be more sacred unto me than his increase, saith the Lord.  (D&C 117:13)  (altered for personalization)

I love this passage because it highlights the truth that our sincere efforts to live the gospel and keep the Lords commandments count just as much or more than what we are able to achieve, and it can be personalized to help us see and remember that.

@Anddenex @Snigmorder @clbent04

Scripture:   2 Ne 4:17-35  (Nephi's Psalm).

Quote:   The measure of a man's character is what he chooses to do when he has the freedom to treat others poorly.

Hymn: High on a Mountain Top; Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing; This is the Christ.

Edited by Guest

My favorite scripture has to do with the mustard seed, Matthew 17:20. My second favorite is Alma 17:9-11 because it talks about being instruments in the hands of the Lord.

My favorite story is Alma the Younger because I really identify with his rebellion and then return to the church. I didn't really find myself a whole lot in the scriptures when I was younger but when I started coming back and reading the Book of Mormon, I really found ways to apply its teachings to my life.

Favorite scripture Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." This scripture has always helped me and never fails to remind me of the great love and mercy of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Favorite hymn 185 "How Firm a Foundation". This hymn never fails to pick me up especially the 3rd verse. I like the reminder that God is on my side and through him all things are possible.

Edited by Midwest LDS
Spelling error

Come Thou Fount or I Believe in Christ. Pretty much any hymn that is sung with conviction of feeling is my favorite.

My favorite scripture passage is D&C 121:7-11. Or just that whole section.

I taught a youth Sunday School lesson on The Living Christ today and loved the reminder that the life of Christ "neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary."

@RooTheMormon didn't see you tagged yet!