Likes to Posts Ratio

clbent04

Results are as of 11/23/2018.  Honorable mention to @my two cents @Midwest LDS @Grunt @Jane_Doe @zil @MormonGator .

I will possibly be putting on a Fantasy-Football like competition where everyone submits 5 picks for which users they think will receive the most likes in a 2-week period. Thoughts?

1532523593_LikestoPostsRatio.thumb.png.e1823c14a11815a3b9b03b2c10edc779.png

@my two cents @Midwest LDS @Grunt @Jane_Doe @person0 @zil @MormonGator @SilentOne @Carborendum @Blossom76 @Fether @LiterateParakeet @Snigmorder @mirkwood @Jojo Bags @anatess2 @mordorbund @askandanswer @CV75 @Sunday21 @Just_A_Guy @JohnsonJones @The Folk Prophet @Vort @MrShorty @NeuroTypical @Mike @estradling75 @NightSG @wenglund @omegaseamaster75 @Anddenex @clbent04 @prisonchaplain @Suzie @Traveler @Rob Osborn @pam @mikbone @the Ogre

Likes to Posts Ratio 11-23-18.xlsx

Edited by clbent04

I'm always overworried that stuff like this will turn us cliquish, and we'll all lose our testimonies and send ourselves to hell out of pride. 

That said, these numbers are obviously faked.  There's no way Vort is ahead of me.  I mean the dude used to have an Icelandic doe-eyed chick as his avatar, for cryin' out loud! 

Just now, NeuroTypical said:

I'm always overworried that stuff like this will turn us cliquish, and we'll all lose our testimonies and send ourselves to hell out of pride. 

That said, these numbers are obviously faked.  There's no way Vort is ahead of me.  I mean the dude used to have an Icelandic doe-eyed chick as his avatar, for cryin' out loud! 

I could care less.  I post what I'm moved to post.  If they like it, great.  If they don't, also great.  I have no idea why anyone would care how many posts they've made, how many likes they've gotten, or what the ratio might be.

6 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I could care less.  I post what I'm moved to post.  If they like it, great.  If they don't, also great.  I have no idea why anyone would care how many posts they've made, how many likes they've gotten, or what the ratio might be.

I liked your post so you could feel better.  :P

19 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

And Grunt's (Mr. Indifferenter-than-thou) don't count - we only showered him with likes so he would join the Church!

7 minutes ago, Grunt said:

down 154 on my way

Could you be more out-of-state!  (I had to go look it up.  We call that "Bangerter".)

28 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

There's no way Vort is ahead of me.  I mean the dude used to have an Icelandic doe-eyed chick as his avatar, for cryin' out loud! 

I thought @Vort's avatar was a personal picture of him for the first 3 months after I had joined this website . Very confusing to find out the Icelandic doe-eyed chick was a dude all along!

Edited by clbent04

41 minutes ago, Grunt said:

landscape-1478084671-lionel-messi.gif.b1a6e69dfa9a7c86696746bb504bccef.gif

If I was wanting to raise my like score all I'd have to do is say something about the missionaries coming over to visit again this week, and how there might be a  baptism in my near future . . .

Meanwhile, in the spirit of @Grunt's suggestion, I might need to head over to AGtalk.net . . .   😜

24 minutes ago, zil said:

And Grunt's (Mr. Indifferenter-than-thou) don't count - we only showered him with likes so he would join the Church!

That didn't work out well for any of you.  Should have thought that one through first.    

One year encouraging me to join, eternity apologizing to others for me.  

The golden ratio is 1.618.  I prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio for monitors over 16:9, but I fear soon all they'll make are 16:1 monitors!  2.86 - my inks-to-pens ratio!  (I thought it would be higher. :unsure: Must buy more ink samples.  Of course, I included the pens I won't be using any time soon - can't even give them away...  Still, more ink never hurt anyone.)

Hmm.  Yes, you're right, @zil likes to post ratios. :P

22 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I'm significantly more concerned with who is liking my posts than I am with how many I get. What good is being well liked if the cheers are sounding from the great and spacious? 

Clearly someone needs to get me a copy of the database so I can give us weighted ratios!  Such fun I could have! :)

...And "number of likes" alone isn't good enough - I mean, I've used the "sad" response both for when I'm empathizing with the poster and for when what the poster said made me sad (in a bad way - like they were being mean to another poster).  So we're gonna have to separate likes and laughs and sads and confuseds and OKs and thank-yous.  Maybe rule out sad and OK (again, I've seen it used in good and bad ways) and give negative points for confused.

Then we're going to have to divide people into "you want positive responses from these folks", "you want negative responses from these folks" and "meh".

Next, we'll have to take @pam and @rpframe and the mods out of the running - I mean seriously, they can cheat (or punish us if they don't win).

This is going to be a very complex algorithm...  If you'd like to see my fountain pen / ink / paper wish list now, message me.

3 hours ago, clbent04 said:

Results are as of 11/23/2018.  Honorable mention to @my two cents @Midwest LDS @Grunt @Jane_Doe @zil @MormonGator .

I will possibly be putting on a Fantasy-Football like competition where everyone submits 5 picks for which users they think will receive the most likes in a 2-week period. Thoughts?

1532523593_LikestoPostsRatio.thumb.png.e1823c14a11815a3b9b03b2c10edc779.png

@my two cents @Midwest LDS @Grunt @Jane_Doe @person0 @zil @MormonGator @SilentOne @Carborendum @Blossom76 @Fether @LiterateParakeet @Snigmorder @mirkwood @Jojo Bags @anatess2 @mordorbund @askandanswer @CV75 @Sunday21 @Just_A_Guy @JohnsonJones @The Folk Prophet @Vort @MrShorty @NeuroTypical @Mike @estradling75 @NightSG @wenglund @omegaseamaster75 @Anddenex @clbent04 @prisonchaplain @Suzie @Traveler @Rob Osborn @pam @mikbone @the Ogre

Likes to Posts Ratio 11-23-18.xlsx

I am chalking up my relative poor showing to the oft esoteric nature of my posts. It is difficult for people to like what flies way over their head. :P

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

2 hours ago, pam said:

And not quite fair to many of us that have been around since the beginning.  It was years later that we started the likes thing.

I checked this out, and pam is correct, big-time. In checking my own history, my earliest recorded post on which I have a "Like" of any sort is this one from an October 8, 2013 thread that I actually started:

This is my 9,635th-most-recent post (including this one), which is less than half my recorded post total. All "Like"s of any sort before that period were wiped out. And even this is still deceptive, because on this same thread, I have a post here:

where I mention Wingnut being the only one who "Like"d a previous post of mine—but that post has no "Like"s on it of any sort, neither from Wingnut nor anyone else. That suggests that even on that thread, there are earlier "Like"s that got wiped out. In other words, at some point after December 18, 2013, all existing "Like"s got wiped out. Current "Like" totals only counts "Like"s given within less than the last five years. Maybe @pam has more information on this.

Moral: Even if you don't find "Like" contests quietly pathetic, you can't really compare them straight across without taking the above into account. Which sort of ruins everyone's fun. Which is my job on this board. You are welcome.

Edited by Vort

On 11/23/2018 at 8:16 PM, pam said:

And not quite fair to many of us that have been around since the beginning.  It was years later that we started the likes thing.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, Vort said:

I checked this out, and pam is correct, big-time. In checking my own history, my earliest recorded post on which I have a "Like" of any sort is this one from an October 8, 2013 thread that I actually started:

This is my 9,635th-most-recent post (including this one), which is less than half my recorded post total

Lol. Do not fret, @pam & @Vort. Points for Fantasy-Football Third Hour will only be tallied on a prospective basis. And if it's any consolation, I like both of you at the top of my own personal list!

Edited by clbent04